The Labor Day Challenge

Heading into a nice three day Labor Day weekend there are multiple opportunities to be active and burn some calories. And, I am planning to take advantage of as many as possible.

To start it off, tonight, I am heading down to the Anderson, South Carolina to run the Midnight Flight races. This will be my first visit to the Midnight Flight races so I will be taking the opportunity to run both the 5k and 10k. Yes, I am skipping the 1 mile race. I have to save something for next year. Then, it will be a late night drive back to Charlotte before picking up another group for 10 miles on Saturday morning.

Fortunately, my schedule is pretty easy Saturday afternoon. I will be setting by the pool watching my daughters play and maybe do just a little swimming.

As Sunday morning rolls around things pick up again. My marathon training plan calls for 20 miles so I will definitely have to get this end. If I can work things out, I travel to Ann Springs in Fort Mill for early for 8 to 10 miles and then meet up with the guys from the Charlotte Running Club for another 8 to 10 miles.

Then, the rest of Sunday is pretty easy.

However, Monday picks up again. To really finish off a solid Labor Day weekend, I will be doing a 7 mile trail run at North Meck. Park solo before heading over to the Pedal The Park Charity Ride. This event is being held in support of the Levine & Dickson Hospice House. They are holding a three mile family ride in the Huntersville Business Park, a thirty mile ride, and a sixty mile ride. No need to ask, I am signed up for the sixty mile ride. This will be my first ride longer than 52 miles and should be tons of run.

Oh, if anyone is interested that Monday afternoon, I have promised my daughters that we would go rock climbing at Inner Peaks in south Charlotte. You are welcome to join in.

Then, it is back to work on Tuesday but it will be a Labor Day weekend to remember.


 

-btw While walking out of a store, I just found a heads up penny. This is going to be an awesome weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts