Runner’s Upper Body Workout – Inner Peaks

This afternoon my daughters and I headed across Charlotte to the Inner Peaks Climbing off of Monroe Rd. Boy, talk about an upper body workout for runners.

I spent 3 ½ hours climbing myself and belaying my daughters. Walking out the door, I could barely move my arms. I don't even want to think about how my arms will feel tomorrow morning.

If you have never tried it, you have to. They have lots walls that both children and adults (even for non regular climbing adults like myself) can do. My daughters absolutely love to climb. They could have spent the entire day climbing. Not to be out done by them, I was in the middle of the climbing as well. We were pushing, pulling, stretching. I was working muscles that were never touched by running.

If you are interested check out the following Inner Peaks web site.

Comments

Richard Hefner said…
Bill... It's both inspirational and exhausting to hear about your day-to-day physical activities!

Popular Posts