Bee still sting on rainy days

Bees, who knew that Bees would still fly on raining days. Running along about half way through my 7 mile trail run, I was cutting between these two trees. Suddenly, my right leg sent a message to my brain that it was in pain. My brain quickly analyzed the pain and identified it as a bee sting. Immediately, a message was sent to my right arm and hand to start swatting at the bee. At the same time, another message was sent to legs to speed up.

A couple of hundred yards down the trail, I stopped to examine my right calf. The blood was oozing out and was stinging badly.

What to do, with 3 miles left on the trail, I didn't have much choice but to continue. The stinging in my calf continued throughout the run and was still stinging when I go home. I guess that I am just a wimp, but the darn thing hurt.

I washed it up, applied some medication, and waited on the healing process to begin.

Definitely, I never expected to get a bee sting on a rainy day trail run.


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts