Thoughts from the Road

After spending hours in the saddle pedaling around Charlotte this weekend, the following thoughts came to mind.


 

To the City of Charlotte, we could use a few more bike lanes. I mean with all the stimulus money circling, we can add a few lanes and improve our go green initiative.

To the DOT, I counted about 75 pot holes between my house and the Rowan County line. Can we get those fixed anytime soon?

To my Dad, I now understand why you always told me to slow down when crossing railroad tracks. At 20 mph, I think I knocked a couple of teeth loose.

To the 99% of the people that moved over and gave me room while riding, I thank you.

To the 1% of the people that crowded me, I am sorry for the negative thoughts that I sent your way.

To TrySports, next year can we get jerseys that unzip the entire front? On a hot day, it could really help.

To cyclists in the Lake Norman Challenge Race, I hope you did well whether you were riding in the 40, 60, or 100 mile rides.

To other cyclist, how do you trigger a stop light to change when there aren't any other cars at the intersection? Or maybe a better question, is how long do you wait?

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts