Run at the Red Bridge Golf course


This evening I headed over to Locust, NC for run. Peter, the owner of Vac and Dash Store, invited me over to run with their group from Albemarle. Being that I always looking for a new places to run, I gladly accepted.

Just as you enter into Locust, they are building a new golf course called Red Bridge. The course hasn’t opened yet so it is a perfect place to run with beautiful views. In fact, Peter helped setup a 5k and 10k race just a few weeks ago.

We did a couple of loops over part of the golf course. It was just enough to get in a nice little 5k.

I showed up late, but it was not to my own doing. There was a wreck heading toward Albemarle which brought the traffic to halt. However, everyone was nice enough to wait on me.

Most of the runners are new to running so they had a lot questions. We talked about training for everything from 5ks to Marathons. We talked about watches and shoes etc. I did my best to make good suggestions and explain the type of things that I do. But I always predicate my suggestions with each of us different so you need to find what works best for you. We also enjoyed some great Watermelon. After a hot run, watermelon taste so sweet.

In reality, their questions are no different than anyone else. They all want to understand how to run better and faster. Near the end, I offered up my email as I am always willing to share. This is part of the reason that I created this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts