Carolina Track and Field Club – UNCC Track Meet

Friday evening I decided to ride over to the .Carolina Track and Field Club’s Track meet on the UNCC Campus. The Track Club has been holding these events on Friday evenings in July.

Being that this was my first opportunity to venture over, I was interested to see what was happening. The first thing that I noticed they have more than just track events. The shot put and pole vaulting events were already in progress when I arrived. Hanging out on the top bleacher, also I saw the 200 meters and 1600 meter runs. I added the video from the 1600 meter run below. I wanted to stay longer but it was about a 45 minute ride over to the campus and I had to get home before dark. That’s one the issues with riding a bike.

Most of the athletes I didn’t recognized, but I see Dwight Jacobs a Master’s Runner from the Greensboro area. Dwight ran the 1600 meters event in a little over 5 minutes. Not bad, considering a few weeks ago when I talked to him, he didn’t sound like he was in great running shape. But then, I suspect he like most runners would never tell you everything. They rather you found out during race as you try to stay with them.

So, if you get a chance, go check it out. They have their last event next Friday evening. Registration starts around 4:45 and events kick off around 6:00 PM. The entry fee is $3.00.

The schedule of event is: 6:00 - 50m; 6:20 - 100m; 6:45 - 800m; 7:00 - high hurdles; 7:20 - 400m; 7:40 - 1600m; 8:00 - 200m; 8:20 - 3200m; 8:30 - 400m relay

Comments

Popular Posts