The Money Run


My Running Journal came in the mail last week and as usual, I spend an evening or two reading the articles.

One article that I particular enjoyed was b y David Clark. David lives in Tupelo, MS and has the good fortune of finding lots of money on his daily runs. We should all be so lucky. To date, his has found more than $700 dollars.

Naturally, this kicked off my writing juices. Thinking back over my many years of running, I have picked up some quarters, dimes, and nickels along my many runs. I once I found $5.00. But never have I found the kind of money that David is raking-in.

However, I think I can at least match his efforts with something different. Part of my daily runs takes me by the Caterpillar Maintenance facility. They both maintenance machines there and send out trucks for remote maintenance. So anytime that I run by their facility, I usually find some type of tools lying alongside the road. I have found numerous sockets, ratchets, and wrenches.

The biggest wrench that I have found is nearly 18 inches long. It was tough lugging it home and I have never found a use for it.

So, the next time that you are out for a run start looking around. You might find some money or maybe something even better.

Comments

Unknown said…
I found a $10 bill beside Queen's University early one morning a few years ago. I still get excited thinking about it.
Stanfords said…
Five bucks running at Virginia Beach one Christmas - an early present for me.

Popular Posts