Idiot Tax

Okay, after playing with my bike for two days and not having any luck, I broke down and took it to the bike shop. I paid my idiot tax ($10.00) for probably screwing it up in the first place. The bike mechanic took maybe ten minutes and had me ready to go. This is where the "Idiot" part comes into play and then the tax is paid. LOL.

This occurred on Saturday morning after the RFYL 4 miler. Not wanting to wait any longer, I drove straight home after paying my "idiot tax", changed, and headed out the door. 30+ miles later, I was pulling back in my drive away after a great ride.

Sunday morning, I got home from running 16 miles with the Charlotte Running Group in 2 hours on the Davidson Trails. I grabbed some food and water to refuel before heading out on another ride. This time I rode the loop down to Sunset Rd and then up to Cornelius back down 115 to Harris before heading home. 34+ miles were covered, I might have done a few more miles, but I have yet to add a bottle holder to my bike and didn't take any money. Sometime, I get too carried away.

For the weekend, I ran 28 miles with 4 miles at a hard pace plus 64 miles on the bike. Other than being just a little tired today, I feel pretty good. However, I am not sure if I should interrupt this as good thing or bad thing. Potentially, I have been sitting on my "but" too much so I am more rested than I thought.

Next up, I am heading to Lowes Speedway on Wednesday evening and see if they will let me register for the 10 mile time trial. I have never done anything like this before so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will let me in the time trial. I hear it is loads of fun. I hope they will let me come out and play. LOL.

-btw these guys from the Charlotte Running Group are super nice. It was great to hang out and talk outside of just on race day. I am hoping to cross paths with these guys again.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts