Tar Heel 10 Miler tomorrow

Slipped into Chapel Hill a short time ago and have settled into my hotel after picking up my packet at Fleet Feet Sports.

I am looking forward to racing tomorrow. Several years have passed since I last raced a 10 miler.

That was at the Spencer Mt. race. As I was prepping for this race, I read about the hill in the 9th mile. I drove over this mile just to check it out. While I agree there is some uphill running, they should run the Spencer Mt. race. Now there is a race with an uphill mile.

The rest of the course looks pretty good. I would like to get into the 57 minute time frame. My legs feel good but not great. My hope is that once I get rolling my legs will feel much better.

Interesting, they have the chips inside of the bibs. Once you cross the finish line, you have to pull out the chip and drop it in the bucket.

I like the idea of the chip in the bib, but the side effect of these chips is that the bib is huge.

Wish me luck. We will be starting at 7:30 AM tomorrow morning.


 

Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts