Dilworth Criterium

This weekend I trade in my running shoes for something a little different and perhaps more challenging at least for me. Yes, this weekend, I am going to try my hand at criterium racing. I totally expect to have to get "but" kicked this weekend on the bike and as if last weekend wasn't enough. I guess I am a glutten for punishment.

This weekend will be my first true bike race so I am little scared and excited. I did some time trials last year but in time trials everyone is spread out. Here, we will be riding a lot closer together and probably just as fast.

I am sure there is a question in your mind as to "Why". Let me use a running analogy to explain it. Remember, when you started running and realized that running with others made you run faster.

Well, I am hoping the same holds try for cycling. By riding with guys that are faster, I have to learn to ride faster to stay with them. Will I get dropped; the answer is likely yes. But will I keep coming back; you can count on it. For me it is a two part process. One part builds up my body to handle the stress and the 2nd part is to mentally learn what it takes to do it.

So this weekend begins part of that effort.

Wish me luck.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts