Hunched Shoulders

Ever get to the last ½ of a long run or long race and have one or both of your shoulder blades start to spasm. Maybe you don't notice but most likely you are hunching up your shoulders.

Lots of runners tend to do this at the end of marathons. I am definitely guilty of it and have learned how to deal with it when I first start to feel it but not everyone does.

Yesterday, I stumble across a video by Dave Scott on form drills for runners. One of the drills directly addresses the issue of hunched shoulders.

The video impressed me enough that I thought it was important to share it through my blog.



 

Take a look and remember to try it during your next long run.


 

Suggestions from the Cool Down Runer

Comments

Stephen Spada said…
Bill...very good video and thanks for sharing! I had the good fortune of watching Dave do battle on Alii Dr. (Kona) and he runs like a duck! Just awesome...

Popular Posts