Duathlon Nationals – This weekend

This weekend I am off to the Duathlon Nationals in Richmond, Va. This is the race where they decide who goes to the Duathlon Worlds from the US later this year. Considering my newbie ability, I am not buying any plane tickets at this point. But it is a good experience for me and it gives me a chance to race against the big boys.

The race is broken down by age groups so I will be racing against guys my age.

Should really be fun to see how I measure up. I fully expect to have my "but" kicked in the cycling portion.

My race goes off early – 8:15 so I will get a chance to finish and then watch everyone else finish.

My only concern is the weather. They are calling for rain and thunder storms. Wet roads don't bother me running but on bike, it is just plan dangerous. Maybe it will slow the other guys down.

I have already finished my prep. My bike is ready and setting by the door to pack in the car.

If all goes well, I will arrive in time to see the Junior races, go through the pre race meetings, and check my bike before heading to the hotel.


 

Wish me luck as I head out to take on the big boys this weekend.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner.


 


 


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts