CRC Club President

When in 2011, I was nominated and later elected to the Charlotte Running Club board of directors, I was a little unsure of what I was getting into. I know my first few months were rough as I learned the ropes. But at the year rolled along, I felt like I was finding my footing and as the summer rolled into the fall, I was really starting to enjoy my role in the club.

When Aaron made it known that he would not be seeking reelection to the Presidential role, I begin to kick around the idea of running for Club president. That is, assuming I was reelected to our club's board.

Well, my fellow club members felt that I was worthy of another two year term on the club's BOD because they voted me back in earlier this month. Only then, did I start to public express an interest in the club's Presidential role.

People who know me – know these things about me. I am definitely not a social butterfly. I believe actions speak louder than words. I believe people need to lead by example and set a good example for others. I believe in listening first and then speaking.

Our club's '13 BOD is made up of new eager members wanting to make a difference and returning members that want to get things done. The combination of the two groups just make the anticipation for '13 almost too much to stand.

At our first '13 BOD meeting last night at Hickory Tavern, I was elected our club's President, Jamie was elected Vice President, Jon was elected our club's Secretary, and Billy remained our Treasurer. One the outside, I was trying to stay calm, but on the inside, I was doing a "fist pump".

I am really excited to take up this new challenge.

My philosophy will continue to be to have an open door policy.

If you have ideas for the club, definitely let me know. On that same note, if you don't like something, I need to know that as well.

This club is what we make of it and it is up to each of us to help by being involved in the club. This is the only way that you and I can successfully shape the future of our club.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts