Beyond the end of the world

As the end of the world loomed, honestly on the 21st, I really hadn't given it much thought. I mean, if the world really did end, what could I do to stop it? Hard as it may be for some people to comprehend, the world really doesn't revolve around me. LOL.

So I was making plans for running into the weekend and for races in the New Year, all this assuming I would wake up the next morning. And, I would NOT be floating off in to space because the poles for some mysterious reason got reversed.

More than a few people must have believed that the world would end when the Mayan Calendar ended. I heard one story about a Chinese man that cashed every asset that he had and spent his money. Imagine the surprised look on this face when he woke the next morning. I wonder if his first thought was "how could I have been so stupid". Well, least he enjoyed his money while he had it and now, he can start fresh and clean. – By the way, I hope he didn't max out his credit cards. Oh, this could get nasty for him.

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate everyone on surviving the end of the world and now, get back to running. There is a ton of races in '13 that need to be run and you want to be in shape for them.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts