Turkey Trot 8k Recap

Over the last few years, I have run the Annual Charlotte Turkey Trot 8k race. Each time the lungs have burned and the legs shook and refused to run any faster. This morning was entirely different. I was just getting warmed up during the first mile. I cruised easily through the 2nd and 3rd miles as if I was the only person on the course. The 4th mile felt as if I had a couple extra gears that I could use if I wanted them. The 5th mile was up hill and into the sun but I was all alone as I stroll smoothly and easily across the finish line.

That's what it is like when you are run the course an hour and half before the actual race.

Today was not about running but rather watching others run.

First I saw Butch who is working toward getting another Running Journal Title as well as running a marathon in Charlottesville, VA next week. Saw Rocky both before and after his race. He mentioned that his hamstring was giving him trouble as well. He ran just under 26 minutes. I wish my hamstring gave me that kind of pain.

Saw Billy Shue. No race for him. He was riding Chris' mt. bike along the course. He also mentioned that he and Carolyn are now an official "item". Couldn't have happened to a better guy. I think his smile touched to each ear.

Saw the Staley family and the Seavers. Saw Chris, Glen, Michelle, Thomas, Matt, Alex, Pete, Jerry C., Steve S., Chuck, and Aaron. Saw Dan. He said look for Val. She is dressed in pink. Just for the record Dan, there were 8000 people racing and at least 3000 were wearing pink. Sorry, I never say her.

Sorry and a bunch of other people.

As much as I like racing sometimes it is nice to watch others race.


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts