Packing for Race Weekend

Packing early must be a woman thing. Megan asked me earlier in the week if I had started packing for OBX. When I take my daughters to Disney, they start packing at least 2 weeks beforehand. Pack, unpack, and repack again. Check, recheck, and double check.

Me, I follow the typical male tradition and pack at the very last minute. I don't know why; I guess it is just something in my DNA. Anything else I don't have; I buy. LOL.

But whether you pack early or wait until the last minute, making sure that you have everything that you need is very important. Forget your singlet or shorts and you are in a little trouble. Forget your racing shoes and you are deep hot water. There is no getting around it; you are in trouble.

Thus, I thought for this post, I would create my OBX packing list (at least the main items) so here goes:

  • Brooks T7 Racing racings
  • TrySports Tri Top
  • 2XU Compression shorts
  • 2XU Compression calf sleeves
  • 5 Gels for race day
  • 2XU Quad Sleeves
  • TrySports Jacket
  • Brooks running tights
  • Brooks NightLite Racing socks
  • Advil
  • Lubricant
  • Bio Freeze
  • Gloves
  • Kinesio Tape
  • 2 extra pairs of trainers for Friday and Saturday's runs
  • Extra Running Clothes and Socks for Friday and Saturday's Runs
  • Phone, computer and power cords
  • Tooth brush, etc.
  • Nunn
  • Extra Bag for race morning
  • Running Movies for the trip down
  • The Stick
  • Wipes

As you can see the list gets pretty long, pretty quickly so I had better get started packing now.


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts