One “key” found

I'm changing into my running shoes as Ben comes out of his house this morning. It seems they have worked out the details for Megan to have a car for the day since she was in the losing mood yesterday. First, she lost her house key during our run. And, based on Ben telling of it, she lost her car key later in the day or evening. I am not sure which.

Talk about having double trouble. That's a lot of bad luck for one day.

I don't ask too many questions of Ben – figuring that I will get the full scoop over my 16 mile run with Megan. Sure enough, she goes into the details. Honestly, I am not sure how she does this stuff. It just seems to happen to her. I mean she even gets chased by an Owl while the rest of world only get chased by dogs. I am surprised that she even goes outside at all. LOL. (just a little good natured teasing here)

Anyway, cutting to the chase, we split up at 16 miles and I head back to my car which I had parked at Ben and Megan's house. As I am doing the cut through, I notice something red lying on the ground. I don't know – instinct or just nature curiosity, I kick it with my shoe. Sure enough, it is a key.

Okay, first thought, does everyone in this neighborhood make a habit of losing their keys?

Bending down to pick it up, I realize it's a Honda car key.

Pushing the lock button on it, the lights on Megan's CRV flashed. Okay, that was pretty much expected once I realized it was a Honda key.

Next dilemma, 20 minutes before Megan gets back, so should I leave the key where she will find it? I scrapped that idea pretty quickly, I just waited.

Better to put the key in her hand, than leave it on the front door stoop. She might miss it. Then, she would go and buy another key if I didn't reach her by phone beforehand.

Sometimes, it is just better to not be in a hurry and never leave a stone unturned.


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 


 

The Cool Down Runner


 


 


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts