A little encouragement is always good

This morning we were talking about our race plans for OBX. Megan, I guess, is getting a little tired of me whining during our runs or maybe it is just the discouraging way that I am saying it. Usually, our conversations are the other way around. I am the one telling her that each workout is but a step in the climb up the pyramid toward your goal race. Maybe my turn has finally come to take some of my own medicine.

Up until now, I have been worried about when my hamstring will come unglued.

I promise to now shift my focus to the positive. I am going to run within myself from the start to the finish Sunday morning. If my hamstring hurts more, I will adjust on the fly and keep going. Ice and rest will await me in Manteo.

I have to admit one thing. Four weeks ago, I couldn't do our workout. I just hobbled back to the car. Three weeks ago, I did ½ of our workout. Last week, I again did half the workout. Each of those previous 3 weeks, I tried to hide the pain with Advil. I have not taken any Advil since Saturday. Today, we ran 10 miles in 75 minutes. Yes, I could feel the discomfort in the hamstring, but nothing like the previous weeks.

There are always positives in every situation. Just sometimes, I have to work a little harder to find them.


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts