Pre race showers

Okay, before you go off and think I am heading off to races – stinking that is not the point here.

Maybe there are some people showering before they run races and maybe some people don't.

If I am racing in the morning, I topically don't shower. For whatever the reason, the shower leaves me feeling rather sluggish or maybe a better description is feeling lethargic. When I start running, my legs just have that heavy feeling.

What got me on to this topic has been – you might have guessed it – my hamstring. A hot shower seems to make the transition from walking to running much less painful. I am all about less pain. So while my hamstring feels better, the rest of me feel like junk.

Interestingly, outside of this hamstring issue if I am running an afternoon race or doubling – two races in one day, I don't seem to get the same feeling. In fact, many times, I will run the afternoon race faster than morning – assuming the courses are comparable.

Maybe I will start trying some of the heat packs. This could be another option.

Also I welcome any other ideas as well.

-btw – I always shower the night before.


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts