CRC – 11-20-11 Board Meeting

Okay, I have to admit this was the first CRC board meeting that I have attended. Thus, I was a little unsure of what to expect.

A few people wondered in after a short group run and Aaron was soon calling the meeting to order. He went over a bunch of stuff including who had been elected to the board for the '12 year.

The top four vote getters will serve a 2 year term while the remaining 4 members will serve a 1 year term. My understanding is that the '12 board will also choose 2 additional members from the at large group to complete a 10 member panel for the board.

The '12 board members are listed below:

  • 2 year terms
    • Ben Hovis
    • Caitlin Chrisman
    • Billy Shue
    • Aaron Linz


 

  • 1 year term
    • Bill Shires
    • Mike Beigay
    • Emily Barrett
    • Jamaar Valentine


 

Other topics discussed include budget, a timing clock, due amounts, RRCA membership, and USA T&F membership.

Billy Shue gave a breakdown from his treasurer perspective. Aaron then went over a few more things and opened the form for questions.

He adjourned the meeting and everyone then milled around for a short time discussing a multitude of topics.

There are roughly 600 members by my last count in the club and according to Aaron about 47 percent of them voted in our election. That's a higher percentage than the number of people voting for president in our last election. I will not take this tangent any further beyond saying people must think more about who is running our club than who is running our country.

On a personal note, I appreciate everyone that voted for me and I want to maintain an open door policy. If there is something that you would like to see in the club, let me. I make sure it gets discussed in our board meetings. On the hand, if there is something does not seem right; let me know that as well. All topics are fair game.

Our club will only be a good as the members that are involved in it so it is up to each and every one of us to voice our opinion.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts