Charger Tune-up

After heading off to Santa Scramble last year, I was back helping Ben Hovis with his Charger Tune-up at the PDS track yesterday afternoon. The high school boys and girls headed for Foot Locker next Saturday morning were going through one of their final few workouts.

Ben had organized the runners into 4 boys' heats and 2 girls' heat. He did his best to coordinate the runners so they would be running with others of comparable times.

There were some boys that went under 10 minutes for 2 miles and a couple of girls that went under 11 minutes for two miles.

One of the most interesting aspects to me is watching them run. When I am running other people, I don't notice their gait quite as much. This is probably because I only see them from one perspective – behind.

But while watching these kids make their way around the PDS track, I marveled at how easy they make running a 9:50 mile to 10:50 mile look.

As for the support crew, Mike, Andrea, Megan, and I helped with the timing and tracking runners during each of the events. We left Ben free to start the races and help provide prerace and inrace commentary.

Other than the initial hiccup during the first heat with my using of the Ben's Mac, the timing went smoothly.

I shot a little footage that I have posted here. Forgive the fact that I was a little slow flipping over my camera.
Watch live video from Cool Down Runner on Justin.tv


 


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts