Oatmeal and Almond Butter

After my nutritional clinic a few weeks ago, I made a mental note try on the suggestion of mixing oatmeal with Almond butter. When I first heard it described, my first thought was "yuck". How could one mix these two foods? Maybe I am just too old school in how I view foods or maybe I am just too different.

But I am also someone who is willing to step outside my tiny little box and try something.

Yesterday morning, I mixed up a nice bowl of oatmeal and then mixed in the a little almond butter. Then, after giving the oat meal and almond butter a chance to intermix, I started to chow down.

I am not going to rush out to either invest in an oatmeal factory or start growing my own almonds, but the taste was better than I expected. Maybe even a lot better than expected and I will probably try it again.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts