What changed?

I ask "What changed?". Yesterday, I was out running and felt like I was dragging a truck along behind me. Mind you, I was only running 10 miles. Today, I was up and out the door early doing a 22 miler and my legs had way more bounce in them than I ever expected.

I wish I could explain it. Better yet, I wish I knew how to make it happen every race day.

Oh well, I will have to just accept that this is how life goes.

5 more weeks plus a couple of days are all that stands between me and running of my first Boston Marathon. I have to admit the training seems to have gone well up to this point.

I have two more big weeks ahead of me, but after the pounding of December, January, and February, making it through two more weeks shouldn't present a problem. From my perspective, two weeks or two hills it is all the same. I am looking forward to the downhill side which comes with the taper.

And, to be honest, while there is still 5 weeks until Boston, I am starting to get a little excited about it. Even if I have a bad day, I will still walk away with a wonderful experience.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts