1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1 Workout

The days between my training workouts and Boston is getting smaller. That means; it is time to start ramping up the intensity.

This morning I was doing a workout that I swiped from an article by Brad Hudson.

Often during a race, I have to go through cycles of speeding up and slowing down to stay with a group. This workout was specifically targeted to help me adapt to this situation.

Megan and I headed down from the Old Bell entrance than did the workout around the Mc Alpine 5k course. The workout is pretty simple to do. 1, 2, or 3 minutes hard with each followed by equal recovery. I attempt do the shorter intervals are faster than the longer intervals. With the thought being that I learn to better adjust the shifting pace.

Today was the first time that I did this workout and something that I learned is that the legs really start to feel it during the last 3, 2, and 1. I hadn't planned to run this workout again but I may run a variation of it again before Boston.

By the way, I would to give Megan a big "thank you". If I had been doing a solo workout, I might have slacked off over the last few intervals.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts