Hey Spada

Back at my notebook this morning and I thought that I would share this little story with everyone.

Mike plus baby jogger, Megan, and I were doing a 22 mile run on the Mallard Creek Greenway early Saturday morning. We were cutting through the IBM Research Park gravel path when we came up on a group of runners.

As we were passing, we were exchanging the normal running pleasantries. I was just about to complete the pass when this guy said something to me. It kind of struck me funny. You know it is when somebody says something but is just doesn't register. All this occurred in a split second.

I thought; did he say "hey, Spada". I just looked back smiled and said hey. Now, to this guy's credit, I was trying to emulate the Spada running style and was sporting the "Spada" backwards cap. So I guess at two feet apart, I could have been mistaken for Steve.

Mike, Megan, and I ran another ½ mile when I could not stand it anymore. I asked them. Did that guy actually call me Spada? They both laugh and said yeah, that's what they heard. So for the rest of the run, they kept referring to me as Spada.

The next time that you are out running, and you see a guy with a backwards cap, it could be Steve, or it could be me. LOL


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Stephen Spada said…
I love it!!!

At the time, I was actually getting my butt kicked by Megan's husband!

Popular Posts