Holding out on me

I am writing this blog to specifically give Mike B. a hard time for holding out on me this morning.

Let me start by setting this up. Over the last couple of days, we exchanged several emails about doing some speed work this morning at Mc Alpine. We agreed upon a little 8x2 minutes with 1 minute recovery.

So this morning we headed out at 5:30 with the group including Jay, Ben, Mike K. and Alex. Or at least I think it was Alex. In my morning brain fog way, I didn't even introduce myself.

But back to the story, after 4 miles Mike and I broke off to start our speed work. Right from the start, Mike is churning pretty speedily. Each one, he is gapping me more and more even thou, I felt I like I am running each one harder. On the last one, he clearly smokes me and is probably 5 or 6 seconds at the very least ahead of me.

I was left thinking that I must be even more tired than I thought because I literally felt like I was dragging a huge ball and chain.

Then, on the run back to parking lot we meet up with Mike K. Mike B. then starts to explain that he took Monday off.

Ah, now the light goes off in my head. Mike fluid "pep" legs makes way more sense to me. I am back there suffering through with two very tired legs and he has the spring of a Kangaroo in his legs. Honestly, I think he did it on purpose. Thus, I genuinely feel that I have a right to give him a hard time about it. The entire workout, he knew and purposely was making me work harder and was probably smiling on the inside (it was dark and I was chasing so he could have been doing it on the outside. I will never know). That's okay. I probably deserve it - all things considered. LOL


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts