2 more weeks

Yes, that is right. I have just two more weeks to drag my old and tired body through these hard marathon workouts and then, I can let the taper began heading into Boston.

But to be honest, my run this morning felt a little like the taper had already begun. I headed out for my usual 12 mile run early this morning with a little 4 x 5 minutes action thrown in the center.

Some times with all of the heaving lifting, I forget what it is actually like to run with even semi fresh legs. However, having taken 2 days of running just 7 miles each day, I actually felt like I was pawing at the asphalt this morning.

Those hills where I usually start to drag down, I was actually bouncing up them. The downhills that I usually just relax and enjoy, I was charging down them.

Then, the 3.5 miles warm down to the finish went by easily.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I have that same feeling when I pass by the Red Sox's Stadium on my way to the finish.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts