Booster Run


Each year my daughter's school does a Booster Run where the kids collect pledges for every lap that they run. So this morning, I headed down to watch them run. Rarely do my daughters want to run for anything but this is one day where I get to watch them run.

I love watching children. They take running at its purest form clean, fun, and with a smile on their faces. Only as adults do we grimace as we push ourselves toward exhaustion.

Children don't know what it means to hold back anything. From the start, they go as hard as they can until they have to start walking. And, what is most funny is that when the announcing tells them they have only 2 minutes left, they are suddenly abound with energy again and sprinting toward the finish line.

If only someone would tell me that I only had a few minutes to run. Maybe a swell of energy would erupt inside of me and send me sprinting toward the finish line in the same way. I can't say that it has happened recently.

I included a couple of pictures from the run. I think with a little work they might turn into pretty decent runners. They appear to have the stride for it.




 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

The joy of running. Nice reminder that it should still be mostly fun.

Popular Posts