Road Racing – the Weekend at ahead


This weekend I am off to Raleigh for the Capital City Classic 10k. This is a new race on my schedule for this year. Normally, I would not make so many trips to the center of our great state but this year, I have been chasing the USAT&F – NC Championships at various distances.

To date, I have captured the 10 mile and ½ marathon championships. This weekend the Capital City Classic race will be the 10k Championship and may be my biggest challenge yet.

This weekend, I will go up against John Hinton. He is a very fast Master's runner from the Triangle area. During the Tar Heel 10 miler, John ran the 4 mile race in 21:47 so definitely my work will be cut out for me.

Game plan for the race, I'll probably go out hard and hang on as long as I can. From what I can tell, John races a lot of short distances events i.e. 8k, 5k, or shortly. If I can keep gap between us relatively close, then maybe the last mile my endurance factor will kick in and I can close on him.

Well, at least this is my plan. We all know that once the race starts; a race plan can just as easily go out the window.

Then it will be on to some well deserved down time and my opportunity to enjoy the drink of my choice "Dr. Pepper". Many long months have passed since I last tasted one. Oh, I can just savor the sweet taste of it going down now.

Comments

Stephen Spada said…
Good Luck Bill! Track 'em down...

Popular Posts