12 x 1 min. w/ 30 sec

This morning I was over to Mc Alpine for some miles on the greenway and a little up temp effort.

Normally, I would skip any hard effort on Thursday before a race but my workout on Monday was sluggish. The same can be said for Tuesday and Wednesday workouts so I opted for actually doing something this morning.

Crossing the bridge, I headed out on to the 5k course. Megan's car was in the parking lot so I assume she was putting in her usual 10 miles this morning. I saw her for a quick second last week as she flashed by. Today, she ran me down from behind.

We chatted for a few minutes before I started my intervals.

Funny, the legs actually felt pretty good this morning. There was some pop in them and I was pushing each 1 minute effort harder than the previous one.

I made two loops of the 5k course and then picked up a little extra for 7 miles.

Runners should always finish a workout wanting a little more. Mentally, this helps because a runners then anticipates the next workout rather than dreading it. This is something that I will do on occasion.


 

Just a couple of more days until my final race of the spring.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts