Kuota Kalibur


TrySports had their 3 year anniversary party today and as part of the festivities, the Kuota Bike Rep was giving customers a chance to ride the store's Kuota demo bikes.

When I saw this listed in the activities schedule for today, I made a mental to drop by the store for a test ride.

And, what a test ride it was.

Rob, the TrySports bike mechanic, fitted me on to the Kuota Kalibur and sent me out for a test ride. I guess there is some level of trust that I would bring it back.

An hour later, I was back at the store after having ridden 20 miles.

And wow, there was huge difference between my Windsor and Kalibur. Riding 20+ mph on my Windsor drains me pretty well, but the Kalibur was totally different. My legs had plenty of bounce left and I could have ridden another 20 miles at the same pace.

The biggest difference that I noticed was the stiffness of the Kalibur. Riding my Windsor, the energy seems to be absorbed into the bike. On the Kalibur, every pedal stroke seemed to be sending every ounce of energy into the drive train.

I am a pretty quick study and knew pretty well that dollars equal speed on a bike. What I didn't have a true appreciate for was the feeling that you get from riding such a bike.

Now, I have that appreciation and at some point, I want to move up.

If you are thinking about a buying a bike, ask them if you can take it for a test ride. Don't take for a short ride around the parking; take for a long ride of an hour or more. If the bike truly suits you, then you will know it. That's what happened to me today.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts