Garmin Woes

For the past 2 ½ years I have been using my Garmin regularly and it has never let me down. That is until yesterday.

For no apparent reason, my Garmin suddenly would just shut off. At first, I thought that I hadn't recharged the batteries. Since I was racing all weekend and tracking all types of data, the battery could have easily run down.

But I set it on the charger yesterday afternoon, and yet, it was doing the same thing yesterday evening and again this morning.

So I resolved to do some Google searches and see if I could find an answer to my Garmin woes.

Well, I did find the answer but not the one that I wanted.

The Garmin 305 has a design flaw and over a period of time randomly starts shutting down. The shutdown occurs most frequently when the Garmin is bounced, shaken, or jarred. Hummm, doesn't sound like anything that I have been doing to it either by running or biking. LOL

Basically, by chasing down some leads on the internet and through the support stuff on the Garmin web sight, there appears to be a loose connection between the on board unit and the battery.

There appears to be 2 ways to fix it. One way involves a do-it yourself fix while the other involves sending the Garmin 305 into Garmin for repair.

I am going to touch base with them later today and explore my options.


 

Leaves me in a tough situation for my Time Trial tomorrow night.

I had better be prepared to keep track of my laps.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts