Miner’s Run

Getting up early for morning runs can be mentally challenging. Having to drive another 30 minutes for it just gives me an added incentive to stay in bed.

But I am not one to sweat the small things like losing sleep and driving to keep me away from a run.

My day started by rolling out of bed at 4:01 AM and then laying in the floor stretching before pushing out the door for Mc Alpine.

Mike's truck was already in the parking lot when I arrived. Jay and Justin were next to make an appearance. They were followed by Steve Spada, Paul, and Megan.

Word on the street was that Aaron was going to be joining us but as we headed out of the park, there were no signs of him. Jay commented that he got a late email from Aaron which I guess is a bad sign. If Aaron is up late then he doesn't get up early. Or at least that is my take on it.

However, when started down the hill toward Mc Alpine Old Bell entrance, we could see what looked like a red tail light coming up the hill. To me this was strange because you don't usually see brake lights coming toward you. Usually, they are moving away.

As the tail light drew closer, we were able to put a face with the red light. Sure enough it was Aaron, our glorious CRC leader was coming out to bless our run and help us make sure that all was right with the world.

My favorite runs are the runs with large groups. Mainly, I like them because there are so many conversations going on that you listen in and catch up on everything going on in the running community. Mind you, if someone was talkative, I could run an entire and never say a word. I just enjoy listening that much. LOL

Most everyone made one loop around the Mc Alpine course and headed back to the parking lot. I wish I could have gone back but I needed 16 this morning. Megan decided that she could use some extra miles. Even thou, she said she was taking it easy this week. Somehow, I think she had bounced back pretty fast from her race on Sunday. We averaged 7:14 per mile for 16 miles. Mind you, I was getting a little tired toward the end and supposedly I am taking an easy week this week.

If you find yourself wanting to get in a mid week long run and need someone to discuss the current hot topic of the day, please come out and join us for a few miles on Tuesday mornings – Miner's Run 5:30 AM.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Stephen Spada said…
Really enjoyed having you out with us Bill!

Popular Posts