Dilworth Criterium 5.1.10 Race Recap


Okay, knocked out a hard 5k last night and was up early this morning getting ready for the Dilworth Criterium.

This was my first Criterium race so I was really nervous going into it.

But once things got rolling, the nerves went away and it was time to focus on the task at hand.

I have watched several criterium races and knew the pace would be extremely fast. But watching a race and riding in a race at two different things entirely.

When they took off, it was like going from 0 to 100 mph in 2 seconds. Or to put it another, I went straight into oxygen debt and stayed there for the next 30 minutes.

When I finished, I had ridden faster than ever before.

The Latta course is extremely tough with a very sharp turn at the foot of the hill.

Fortunately, I didn't wreck here or anywhere else and didn't wreck anyone else.

So coming out of it, I only had positive feelings about criterium racing



I'd like to do a few more criterium races later in the summer. Maybe pick a course that isn't technical.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down "Criterium Racer" Runner

Comments

Popular Posts