Garmin Exchange Process

Okay, I finally broke down and got the Garmin support guys on the phone so here's the scoop on the exchange process.

If your Garmin is under warranty, you are solid because they will replace it. Unfortunately, my Garmin's warranty had long since expired.

After explaining the issue and determining that my Garmin was no longer under warranty; Garmin support informed me that they could exchange my Garmin for nominal fee – $79 plus tax which brought the total to $84 dollars. This also included shipping it back to me but not to them.

So $84 dollar to keep spare Garmin around seemed like a good idea as much as I use my Garmin.

Following more discussion about the issue with my Garmin, I "ponyed" up my card number and got a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number and a Dock Door number along with the shipping address. RMA, Door Dock, and shipping address must be on the shipping label used to return your Garmin to their support center.

Also you don't send any of the accessories back to Garmin – the Garmin unit its self.

According to the support guy, it takes about 7-10 days before you get your "Exchanged" Garmin.

My plan is to swing by the Post Office on Friday and ship it out.


 

-btw when I get my refurbished Garmin back, I think I will run with one on each arm. Let's see which is more accurate. LOL


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Dueling Garmins on each arm ... that's hardcore :) Kinda like the arms full of Swatch watches back in the 80s.

Popular Posts