Uwharrie Running Club Social



The Uwharrie Running Club held a run, pool, and ice cream social party on Tuesday night at the Piney Point Country Club in Norwood, NC. Normally, I only get to see these guys on race day so when I saw the email from Peter, I put this event on my calendar.

I didn’t make it in time for the run, but I was able to hit the pool with my daughters and get some ice cream. There is nothing like ice cream and good conversation to make a great party. By the way, I had a scoop of chocolate and vanilla/oreo mix – very good.


My daughters loved the diving board and I gave it a try as well. I don’t think I will add the diving board to my regular training. I am feeling a little stiff this morning. Okay, I am feeling a lot stiff but it was still fun and the water was perfect.

It was definitely well worth the trip and my thanks to the Uwharrie Running Club for putting on this event and inviting me.

Comments

Disco CL said…
Ice cream and pools are the memories that last forever..good call on avoiding the track series, but you were missed. Next week Glenn is shooting for a sub 5:15 showing.
The plan is to be back next week and run the 4x100. :)

But I am bring lots of cheers to give out.

Popular Posts