Ben and Megan’s Wedding Review

Weddings might not be considered a running related topic but when two runners get married; I think that is enough of a connection to put on my blog.

Saturday night Ben and Megan, two my TrySports teammates got married. The wedding was beautiful at least from my male perspective and just about the right length 30 minutes. I had heard that Ben’s father could sing and got a firsthand opportunity to hear him sing at their wedding. It was definitely a nice touch and I thought made it more memorable.

From the moment that the doors opened and Megan started down the aisle, they both were smiling. I thought Megan was a lovely bride and Ben is a lucky guy.

After the ceremony, we were off to the Uptown Atrium for the reception. As evening turned to dusk, the light came in from above and formed a beautiful atmosphere. The atrium was a wonderful place for reception.

There was plenty of food, drinks, and people enjoying their self. And, yeah, there was plenty of dancing. Chris came out to strut his stuff but got thumped by someone’s grand dad. I am not exactly sure who. But he took Chris down in the final dance off. Chris was yelling something about the “fix” was in. But from my view Chris lost fair and square. :)

While I am on the topic of dancing, this was my first opportunity to see Chris dance in person. Definitely, he has some talent.

There was plenty of other dancing and an interesting one involving the bridesmaids + Megan. I am not sure but from where I was sitting Ben might have been blushing.

There was some to the traditional stuff - Garter and Bouquet throwing. And the ceremonial putting of cake on the bride and groom's faces.

Someone had spent a great deal of time putting together a power point displaying a number Ben and Megan’s photos. Great idea, I have to remember that one.

The party was still going strong when I left. Some of us have to run 14 miles early the next morning – also being that it was father’s day and the longest day of the year. I didn’t want to waste a second of it.


Congrads and Best Wishes to both Megan and Ben Hepp :)

Comments

Popular Posts