CTTC Summer Track - Week 3


I headed over to the Myers Park High School last night for the CTTC Summer Track meeting. After feeling bad last week, I was definitely feeling better. This week I only took on two events: 1 mile and 4x100.

In the mile, I ran 5:16. Breaking down the quarters I ran 71, 79, and 2x78s. The tough part was taking in enough air. I felt like I was gasping for air the entire way or I was at least gasping for air after the 1st 200 meters.

My oldest daughter opted for a friend’s birthday so this left us one short for the 4x100. Stan was kind enough to stand-in and help us out. Thanks – Stan. (pictured to the right)

Other news and notes, Brian ran 4:41 for mile just behind the winner in 4:39. Stan's running continues to be on the raise with a fast 5:20 mile. In the 800 Ben got his first sub 2 minutes of the season. It is amazing to watch people run that fast on TV, but it is even more amazing to watch them run like this in person.

Maybe it is time to recharge the running batteries. Each year as I near the end of June, my race times slow. It is one of those tattle-tail signs that my body needs some good aerobic running. Everything will bounce back after a couple of month of steady daily runs.

Comments

Popular Posts