Summer Track

Tonight, Summer Track series begins. I wish my legs felt better because I am still feeling the effects from the marathon 2 weeks ago. The quads are much better but sore. My left hamstring is still tight but improving.

I will go out tonight and hope to run a good race. Maybe I can run btween 5:15 and 5:20. It is hard changing over from running marathon miles to running stand alone miles. The legs take a while to recovery and adjust to the new pace.

Also I am looking forward to running the 4x100 with my daughters. We were out practicing last night. They have the concept down but with a 6, 9, and 12 year old the speed and teamwork is still a work in progress. But one day in the not to far future, they will be faster than me.

Also you might see me jumping in the 800 and/or the 2 mile. Everything depends on how I feel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bill, take from me and my personal experience. Yes, your girls may some day be faster than you, and it might be sooner than you think. But you know what, when they do become faster it will be a very proud day for you and you wont mind it one bit. :-)

Mark Hadley
:) Oh, I very much agree.

Popular Posts