CTTC Championship Mile


Time flies when you are having fun and tonight was no different. My daughters and I ventured over to Myers Park HS for the Final Week of the CTTC Summer Track Meet.

Being that it was the final week in the series they ran a modified schedule of events but the primary events were the Men and Ladies Champ miles, the Master’s mile, followed by the open and later the 5K track race.

My reporter hat was not on correctly so I didn’t get all of the times and names of the runners. But for the Championship Mile, Chris brought home the glory for TrySports. He was closely followed by Matt Yost a.k.a the phoenix as he rose from nowhere last week to run a sizzling 4:38 and backed it up tonight with another sub 4:40 to finish 2nd to Chris.

Angus McBride (hope I spelled his name right) took home the Master’s mile in about 5:13.

My apologies to the ladies, I totally missed out on their race – pics included.

The 5k pace appeared to take on a tactical strategy rather than a speed burner. Brian M. who had been very fast in the mile opted to only run the 5k and seemed to be keeping a close eye on Chris through out the race. Chris was doubling back to run the 5K as well. Entering the last lap, Brian pressed the gas pedal to catch a slowing Chris going down the back stretch to finish 2nd. Chris would finish 3rd. I didn't catch the name of the winner but he looked smooth and relaxed finishing in 15:51 for the victory. On a side note, but he may have been challenged by Ben Hovis an elite area runner. But Ben was denied entry due to a limit on the field size for the 5k to 25 runners.

Here's quick video of each lap on the Championship Mile.

Lap 1

Lap 2

Lap 3

Lap 4

Comments

dsico cl said…
Thanks for the support Bill..the 5k was a last minute attempt..I should have just closed out the night stayed with the top 2 guys, it happens
Yeah, doubling back is tough after hard mile. You still ran great in both events.
disco cl said…
Our first mile was 4:53 in the 5k, I felt alright and continued hitting 75's for 7 laps but I just gave up mentally and decided to help BMAC out instead of grinding it out. I hear there is going to be a series at UNCC in July. i would like to give the old PR a shot if I can find some people to pace me.
I cann't pace but definitely, I can bring along the cheering section. :)

Popular Posts