Somnio Running Shoes



At the Uwharrie Running Club Social on Tuesday Peter of Vac and Dash introduced me to Chris Phillips. Chris is the shoe rep for Somnio Running shoes in North Carolina.


Meeting Chris was unreal because of the enthusiasm that he has about Somnio Running Shoes. I have since got the full spill about the shoes and will be giving them a try.

The concept behind Somnio Running is that you fit the shoes to the runner rather than the usual method of fitting the runner to the shoe.


If this doesn't make sense to you let me explain. With most running shoes that they look at your running gait and shoe wear and then try to find a shoe that fits your needs.


With the Somnio, the process starts similarly by looking at your gait, wear patterns, and arch but from this point, the process differs.


Somnio shoes come with adjustability. They have specialized forefoot and heel inserts as well as insoles that help adjust the foot, ankle, knee, and hip for running.


Chris was kind of enough to lend me a pair to try out so over the next few weeks, these shoes will go a real test. I try them on long runs, short runs, and trails.

With each run, I will post how it goes.

Comments

Richard Hefner said…
I hope they work better than my X-Bionic shirt! :)
Adrian said…
Those shoes are looking nice and comfortable!! I'm just looking for a nice pair... Thanks for the info.
Braden said…
Those running shoes look great. I really like the adjustability feature.

Popular Posts