King Tiger - Course Review

Yesterday, I took the opportunity to do a run over the King Tiger 5k race course. Honestly, I was left wondering how you can create a loop course that is mostly uphill, but somehow this course seems to feel that way.

The first mile is mostly uphill. The 2nd mile has some rolling hills but with a ¼ mile of downhill around the 2 mile mark. The 3rd mile starts with pretty decent uphill and then flattens out with a slight downhill about 2.5 miles. Although I have to say that I barely noticed it during my run yesterday. There is a nice little uphill just before the 3rd mile mark. The last tenth of mile has a nice slight downhill pitch so it should be good for a nice sprint finish.

I would not put this course on my list of courses where PRs could be set, but if you run it right, you can definitely catch some people that slow in the 3rd mile.

Last couple of notes, this course has a lot turns so watch the tangents and follow you sight lines. Like many developments, you will encounter road islands. This course has 3 different road islands. You will want to take the first one to the right, the second one to the left and the 3rd one to the left.

And Good Luck Saturday

Comments

Richard Hefner said…
Uphill most of the way?? All righty then... I'll be there. I'd actually prefer downhill all the way but I'll take whatever just to collect some of those double GP points!

Popular Posts