Somnio - the first test run

You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression and the Somnio’s Exact Change made a good first impression on me. Even thou, I wasn’t using the exact inserts for the shoe; they still felt good on my feet.

The only other shoe to come close to this feel on my feet was the New Balance 1223, but they have phased out this shoe with the NB 1224. But the 1224 don’t feel the same way which is why I am searching for a new marathon distance training shoe.

Now that I have run in the Somnio “Exact Change” I found the shoes that I have been searching in the sea of running shoes.

During my first test run, I ran from the University Y down to the greenway and back. The run took me through grass, dirt, gravel, pavement, and road pavement. Usually on the road pavement is where my feet feel the worst. Probably, the side effect of running on slanted roads. But in this case, they seemed to feel better.

If you are thinking about checking out the Somnio running shoes, the only local store carrying Somnio Brand is Peter’s store Vac & Dash in Albemarle. I have hoping Chris, the Somnio Shoe Rep, gets someone to sign up in Charlotte but if he doesn’t, I will make my pilgrimage to Albemarle for them.

When you go by to check them out, you should expect to try a size smaller. This is opposite of most running shoes. In most running shoes, the shoe runs a ½ to a full size smaller. Ironically, the Simno Exact Change runs large. Now, I don’t know if all their shoes run large or it is just the Somnio Exact Change, but it is just something to keep in mind when you try them out.

Next up will be a 10 mile run next week and that will be followed by a trail run. I have all the proper inserts by that point, so I should have the exact feel that I want.

Comments

FRANK said…
Somnio Exact Change, Excellent long run shoe. Ran three 15 milers, with no pain, or blisters. 23 years of running, and 24 Marathons. Somnio will be my next Half, and full Marathon (Disney Goofy) Jan.2010. Only running store, here in Florida, is in Jacksonville, 100 miles plus from my home, but worth the trip. Runners will be surprised of the fit, and feel to the road. Give them a try...
I am glad that you liked them. I have run a 14 miler in them, and I am looking to do a 16 miler tomorrow. So far, they have been great for me as well.

I plan to buy two more pair to use in my marathon training this fall.
FRANK said…
Cool Down Runner, Have a great Marathon.Exact Change still working great for me. Going to try the Runaissance Neutral for long runs also,they might be a little lighter shoe. Many thanks to Sean Sullivan, for advising me to contact Jacksonville Running Company to purchase my shoes.
Best Regards, Frank..

Popular Posts