TrySports May Day 5k

Saturday morning I got a chance to see Jesse and Bert race. Usually my only view of them is from the back and then only during the first mile of the race.

I volunteered to help out at the TrySports May Day 5k and got the course marshal job less than ½ mile into the race. Jesse went flying by me with Bert in hot pursuit. Not far behind came the rest of the racers.

Less than 2 minutes into the race and my job was done. I hightailed it back up to the finish area with my camera in hand.

Before long Jessesmade the corner and headed for the finish line. Bert was close behind. I believe Jesse got him by 6 or 7 seconds.

Like my races, the runners started trickling in. First, they was in ones and twos. Then, there was a steady stream.

With my camera in hand, I positioned myself behind finish line and took plenty of pictures. Later I posted them on the Charlotte Running Club FaceBook page so runners cold tag themselves.

Everyone likes a nice finish line photo. Most photography companies want $20 to download a HD quality photo.  Taking pictures is fun to me, but even better is giving them away for free.

To my knowledge everything went smoothly for the race. There was music, food, awards, a decent race shirt. Racing Toes did the timing and posted the results soon after the race.

Volunteering is a good way to give back to running. Most people don’t realize if races didn’t have volunteers, most races would not happen.

 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts