Summer Track starts tonight


Summer Track returns tonight at the Myers Park High School Track. I find it hard for me to believe that a year has passed since I last made some laps around it.

The sprints kick off at 6pm. The mile starts at 6:45. And of course, I will be in attendance.

Below, I have included the scoop on the events for anyone that is interested.

Later this month, I will be in Winston Salem for the Ultimate Runner Competition.  In this event, runners score points based on their times from the 100 through a XC 5k. For years, I have always wanted to do this competition so I decided this was to be the year. When the registration opened in April, I was quick to sign up. They only take just over 100 runners so this event fills up fast.

I am using our local track series as preparation for it. Aside from the relays and the 50 meters, I plan to run the 100, 200, 400, 800, mile and 2 mile.

I hold no illusion about my speed. My legs have very few fast twitch muscles and they certainly don’t “fire” like they did during my younger days. However, for 100, 200, and 400 I still like running them. I just try to “not” blow out a hamstring.

Up for a challenge please join me this evening.   

 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

 


WHAT:                   

Run For Your Life Summer Track Series

WHEN:                   

Tuesdays - May 27, June 3, 10, 17 and 24. 

6:00 PM = First Gun

6:45 PM = 6 Minutes & Under 1 Mile Heat

WHERE:                   

Myers Park HS Track

WHO:                     

All Comers

EVENTS:                   

50 Meter Dash (Kids 10 & Under Untimed Heats All 5 weeks)

100 Meter Dash (Kids 10 & Under Untimed Heats All 5 weeks)

1 Mile (1609 Meters)

4 x 100 (Kids 10 & Under Untimed Heat All 5 weeks)

400 Meters (Kids 10 & Under Untimed Heats All 5 weeks)

800 Meters

200 Meters (Kids Heats 10 & Under Untimed Heats All 5 weeks)

3200 Meters (except June 10)

5000 Meters (June 10 Qualifying and June 24 Championship)

FORMAT:                                 

Qualifying May 27, June 3, 10, & 17 plus  Open Heats June 24.

Championship Heats June 24.  Except for the kid’s 10 & Under untimed heats,

- See more at: http://www.sportoften.com/events/eventDetails.cfm?pEventId=13009#sthash.pdoFxcZ7.dpuf

Comments

Popular Posts