Time and Speed

How do a get my legs to turn over faster? Well, for starters, I need to perform activities that make them turn over faster. Sadly, admitting these activities are missing from my regular routine is a little embarrassing.

Like most working professionals with careers outside of running who still strive to run fast, I tend to cut corners due to the limited time in my schedule.

Instead of the extra five minutes to do some strides after a run, I jump in my car to head off for something else that needs to be done.

I tell myself. It is just this one time. Then, it happens again and again. Soon, I am just jumping in car every time and without doing anything.

Overtime, my legs grow accustom to running slower and before I realize it, this becomes my new norm.

Getting out of the “slow” norm and back to the “fast” norm is never easy.

We all budget our daily lives. 5 minutes goes here. An hour goes there. Before you know it, the day is over.

I wish I could set here and tell you that I have a solution for this issue, but I don’t. I struggle with the same problem.

But over the coming weeks, I do plan to share what I will be doing to get my legs turning over faster.  

Stay tuned here

 

Sharing one thought at time,

 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts