Large boulders don’t roll up hill easily

Yes, if one were to decide to push a rather large boulder uphill, they shouldn't expect the boulder to go up easily.

After my debacle during the Huntersville half marathon I finally gave in and said enough was enough. Trying to race, trying to put in training miles, all the while trying to recover was just too much.

Not to mention the huge OBX blister that was healing very nicely only to be reopened during the ½ . If there is such a thing as shooting ones' self in the foot, then I have been doing it.

For now, any expectations that I had for racing have been shelved. And other than maybe jumping into a workout to help Megan as she finishes her prep for the trials, my hard running will be kept to a minimum.

I'll do Disney as a long run in January and the look forward into '12. I will focus on getting my hamstring healed and with it hopefully a return to good running form.

On the marathon front, an extended break may be just the ticket that I need.

The last 4 years have seen me complete 10 marathons and a 50k. Then, there are the numerous half marathons, 10 mi., 15k, 10k, 4 mi., 5k, cycling races, and Duathlons. Looking back on it now, I feel like I lite the candle at both ends with a blow torch. Things seemed to have burned quickly.

Someone one said – "Getting to the top is hard work. Staying on-top means working even harder".

More than once I have looked toward the mountain top and salivated over it. Not that I wanted to be on top again, but that I craved the hard work necessary to get there. Maybe in another post, I'll explain why – someday.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts