A 4000 mile year in sight

When I started this year, I set a goal for myself to run at least 4000 miles. That means, I would need to average at least 10 miles every day for 365 days in a row. For the better part of this year, my goal seemed achievable and maybe even easily reachable. Then my hamstring reared its ugly head like a troll requiring payment before letting me pass.

More than once the last three months, I had all but given up hopes of reaching it.

Now, with the arrival of colder temperatures and the day light hours growing ever shorter, my goal of reaching 4000 miles seems so close that I can almost taste it. Hopefully, it will not be like sticking my tongue to a pole in sub zero weather. Ouch, even the thought hurts while bouncing around my brain.

Tonight, I ran the totals for November and came up with 300 miles. This leaves me just 171 miles short.

Unless I get run over by a reindeer or maybe Santa's sleigh, I got an excellent change of hitting my mark.

Reaching 4000 miles would be quite an accomplishment for me. Most years, I will run somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500 to 3800 miles which in and of its self is a lot of miles, but 3800 just doesn't have the same ring to it as 4000.

Without really understanding why, running 4000+ miles in a year just seems to put one in a different category.

Exactly what that category is well, I am not sure.

By the way, the sound you might be hearing are the bells starting to warm up. Ring, ring, ring, 4, 0, 0, 0.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts