Add 2 miles training program

After my blisters nearly brought my running to a crawl (in running terms), my miles took major hit. Thursday, my daily mileage tally stood embarrassingly at 2 miles. Friday, 4 more miles were put under my belt. Saturday, I found time to get in 6 miles. From there, I could feel a pattern forming and vowed to keep it going into the next week.

That is at least for a few days into the next week. Sunday, my legs carried me 8 miles. Monday, the miles put in were 10. Tuesday morning I found time to join the Miner's run and only stopped once I hit 12 miles. Wednesday morning, my legs were feeling trashed as I attempted to run some paltry miles around the PDS track to reach the grand total of 14 miles. Come Thursday morning, the daily mileage total got bumped up 2 more miles to 16 miles.

Today, did I do 18 miles? Actually, no, I did not. Why? Well, tomorrow, I planned to do 22 miles. Something tells me jumping over 18 and 20 is probably a bad idea, but the runner's mentality tells me that I am capable of anything if I set my mind to it.


 

Sharing one thought at time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts