Final 22 miler in the books

Boy was I glad the rain stopped today. With a holiday weekend fast approaching, I did not want to push my final long, long run before Disney into this weekend. When this morning broke sunny and clear, I headed out the door.

Man, I hope Disney isn't too warm. I felt like I was melting even with the temperature barely crossing the 60 degree mark.

However, the best part of the run was I finally returned home with no additional blisters to fix. After OBX and the Holiday Half marathon, each and every week was spent going from one blister to the next. Getting through any type of workout without getting one seemed impossible.

That is until today.

I have gone to coating down the blistered area with liquid bandage. The stuff smells like modeling glue, but the stuff does the trick. Pretty much, I found that it is a one application per run usage. Between running and showering, the liquid bandage is gone. This might seem strange but I am happy to coat it again and again if I don't get a blister. The simple things in life are all that is important.

If you have not finished your shopping hurry up, tomorrow is the last day.

Also tomorrow look for the post on "The story of Fatigue".


 

Sharing one thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts